Experiential Showcase of Never-Before-Seen Vehicles, Test Drives and Fun in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles, Dec. 1-10
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, the LA Auto Show® will feature several new attractions and activations across the Los Angeles Convention Center's indoor and outdoor areas for visitors to enjoy including simulators, test drives, one-of-a-kind rides and of course, some of the newest and coolest vehicles and mobility innovations.
Among the displays taking place during the LA Auto Show, there will be a variety of options for families with children, including the Xbox Gaming Lounge, where friends and family can play Forza Motorsport 7 while competing for the chance to win several prizes, and the MINNIE VAN presented by Honda Odyssey. The MINNIE VAN is a one-of-a-kind display vehicle, inspired by Minnie Mouse, that debuted this past July at Disney's fan event D23 Expo. Guests of the show will also be able to experience the Ford GT as part of the Microsoft HoloLens Mixed Reality presented by the Petersen Automotive Museum.
"Alongside seeing the newest and coolest cars revealed, the LA Auto Show continues to be a favorite among car fans, families and everyone in between," said LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA President and CEO, Lisa Kaz. "This year, the LA Auto Show will bring a variety of one-of-a-kind interactive experiences and activities for guests. So, whether you are a gamer, gearhead, techie, sports fan, or just along for the ride, there's something here for everyone."
Activations, displays and experiences taking places at the LA Auto Show include:
- Custom/Unique Cars
- Galpin's Hall of Customs: This year, Galpin's Hall of Customs will feature a variety of custom vehicles, including its Ford Competition GT, one of only three in the world. It will also host the first public showing of the Aston Martin Vantage until Tuesday, Dec. 5, and will display six other Aston Martins, including the DB11 Volante. Automotive influencer and YouTube sensation Salomondrin will also debut his fuchsia Porsche Carrera GT.
- Mercedes-AMG Project ONE: For the first time in the US, the two-seater Mercedes-AMG Project ONE will be on public display at the LA Auto Show. This vehicle transfers the latest and most efficient Formula 1 hybrid technology almost one to one from the track to the street for the first time. The performance hybrid produces over 1,000 horsepower at a maximum speed of over 350 km/h. The Mercedes-AMG Project ONE combines stunning racetrack performance and practical Formula 1 hybrid technology with exemplary efficiency.
- The MINNIE VAN presented by Honda Odyssey: The MINNIE VAN is a unique collaboration between Honda and Disney to create a one-of-a-kind minivan inspired by Minnie Mouse that everyone in the family will love to see. For this display, one all-new 2018 Honda Odyssey was transformed through a pink-polka dot design inspired by Minnie's iconic style, including her oversized bow and highly recognizable ears perched atop the vehicle. The MINNIE VAN is for display only and will not be for sale.
- Interactive Simulators and Experiences
- Genesis Open Golf Experience: Located in the South Hall Atrium, the Genesis Open Golf Experience leverages realistic golf simulator technology to create an overall tour event atmosphere, letting players compete in a "Closest to the Pin" contest. Golf simulator participants will be competing for a daily prize of two VIP tickets to attend the Genesis Open in Los Angeles, February 12-18, 2018. The prize tickets include VIP access to the Bluffs and an all-inclusive hospitality experience in a lively atmosphere on the popular PAR-3 14th hole.
- #HyundaiRacingChallenge: Taking place in the South Hall Atrium, this activation features three unique Hyundai Forza 7 Game Sleds and the Hyundai Veloster. The gaming experience will create a tournament atmosphere where players are encouraged to compete in preliminary rounds for the best lap. Two tournaments will be held daily throughout the run of the show. Players (18+) who achieve the best lap times in the preliminary rounds will be seeded against each other for a chance to win an Xbox and other prizes.
- Mercedes Benz Iron Schöckl: Guests will have the opportunity to visit the Mercedes-Benz Iron Schöckl and witness the extreme handling and all-terrain capabilities of the G550. This unique experience puts visitors in Mercedes-Benz's iconic vehicle while scaling grades of 45 degrees.
- Xbox – Forza Motorsport 7: In the Xbox Gaming Lounge (located in the Concourse Foyer in the Los Angeles Convention Center), attendees can play Forza Motorsport 7 on the all-new Xbox One X and experience the thrill of motorsport with the most comprehensive, beautiful and authentic racing game ever made. Enjoy gorgeous graphics at 60fps and native 4K resolution in HDR, and compete for a chance to win a copy of the game, an Xbox One S bundle, and more.
- Technologically-Advanced Transportation
- Arcimoto: Arcimoto are the makers of the world's first Fun Utility Vehicle™ (FUV) — an affordable and practical pure electric vehicle for everyday commuters and fleets. Arcimoto's global debut, the FUV Signature Series #0, will be on display in the South Hall Atrium for visitors to see.
- Bollinger Motors: Located in West Hall Atrium, Bollinger Motors will showcase its new B1 all-wheel-drive electric vehicle. The LA Auto Show will be the first auto show to display the B1 – the world's first all-electric sport utility truck.
- Polaris Slingshot: Polaris Slingshot is located in West Hall Atrium and will give LA Auto Show attendees a chance to experience the three-wheel open air roadster as a passenger with a professional driver. Aside from visiting the exhibit for a photo opportunity with this one-of-a-kind machine, attendees can experience first-hand the fun, exhilarating ride that only the Slingshot can offer on its outdoor road course in Los Angeles Convention Center's North Plaza. The Slingshot is unlike anything else at the show, featuring three-wheels, side-by-side sport bucket seats, a 5-speed manual transmission and a 2.4L GM engine.
Formerly known as Press & Trade Days and Connected Car Expo, the LA Auto Show's AutoMobility LA will include exhibits from Analog Devices, Garmin, GENIVI Alliance, GrammaTech, Harman, Hyundai, Verizon Telematics, Vulog and XPERI. AutoMobility LA 2017 is sponsored by Auto Alliance, Autodesk, Global Automakers, Honda Innovations, LACKS Enterprises, Microsoft, SAE and Steel Market Development Institute and Strategic Vision.
Media and industry professionals from around the world will gather for AutoMobility LA from November 27-30, followed by the Los Angeles Auto Show, open to the public from December 1-10.
To register for AutoMobility LA please visit AutoMobilityLA.com. For more information about the LA Auto Show, or to purchase tickets, please visit LAAutoShow.com.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. In 2016, the show's Press & Trade Days merged with the Connected Car Expo (CCE) to become AutoMobility LATM, the industry's first trade show converging the technology and automotive industries to launch new products and technologies and to discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the future of transportation and mobility. AutoMobility LA 2017 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center Nov. 27-30, with manufacturer vehicle debuts intermixed. LA Auto Show 2017 will be open to the public Dec. 1-10. AutoMobility LA is where the new auto industry gets business done, unveils groundbreaking new products and makes strategic announcements in front of media and industry professionals from around the globe. LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater L.A. New Car Dealer Association and is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow, via Facebook at facebook.com/LAAutoShow or on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/laautoshow/ and sign up for alerts at http://www.laautoshow.com/. For more information about AutoMobility LA, please visit http://www.automobilityla.com/.
Brian Alexander/Amanda Niklowitz
JMPR Public Relations
SOURCE Los Angeles Auto Show